CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 5, 2008

My Dream Honeymoon

So when I was about to leave for Nepal, there was always the inevitable question, "So why are you going?" When I tried several times in vain (and I could tell from the looks on my friends' faces that I was pretty unsuccessful at explaining) I started resorting to sarcasm and humor. "Because I'm single and I'm bored." Naturally. I even joked, perhaps a little too close to sacrilige, that this trip was my signal to God that I wanted to get married, and if he continued to keep me waiting, the trips and the countries would just get scarier and crazier.

If there's one thing I have learned, though, while I have been here, is that there is no way I can keep doing this scary stuff by myself. I have definitely got to get married so I can bring a husband on my trips to help kill the bugs and to just have a manly presence around, you know? You would be amazed at how differently I'm viewed when I am walking with a male, as opposed to being just by myself.

So I've already decided that I'm coming back to Nepal, but not in the monsoon season so I can go on a mountain trek. And I'm going to bring a husband. So here's the plan. Ideally, I'll get married and just have a short little honeymoon to nowhere in particular. We'll save our nickles and dimes and then like 6 months later, we'll fly on over to Kathmandu where we'll volunteer in an orphange for a week (this is negotiable, but it would be so awesome! The kids here rule.) and then we'll set out on the mountain trek of our lives for 11-14 days and then we'll fly to Thailand where we'll crash on a beach somewhere for a week. Isn't that like the most amazing vacation plan ever? It's just flights that kill you; once you get over here, everything is dirt cheap.

Look, I know it won't happen, but I can always settle for Hawaii.

2 comments:

Michael said...

I am glad to find that Senior Volunteer website..

Anonymous said...

Wow it sounds like you've already got someone in mind... Did you find yourself a little sweet heart while your out there Kingman?