CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Pictures of Dhapakhel. . . Home



I was not only SO lucky to live with a terrific family in Nepal, but I was lucky to do it in such a picturesque and peaceful place. I still lived in the Kathmandu Valley, but I was about 30 minutes from the actual city of Kathmandu---away from the traffic, pollution and crowding. The shots above are taken from the house; the first is the patio where we ate our meals, and the second is a better view from that patio to the east (I think?), showing my friend Anoj's house (my host father was his uncle). There are many green rolling hills in the distance but because it was the monsoon season they rarely peeked their heads out from beneath the clouds. Below is another picture of his house just as the sun was setting and the light (even though it looks a little dark here) and colors looked so warm and beautiful.



Below is the west view of the temple and pipal tree from the shop my host family ran on the bottom floor of our building. This is one of my favorite pictures from the hundreds I took while I was in Nepal.





Above you can see the views from the roof of my family's house. The picture of the fields was taken in early June, before much of the rice had been planted. The fields got progressively greener and greener---almost neon---as the rains came down and the rice sprouted up. (My Irish friend Brona said Nepal was even greener than Ireland!) You can probably see this in other 2 photos below that I took of the fields from the pipal tree across the street. I love the scarecrow.


The pictures below are of the main road---really the only road---that runs through Dhapakhel. My house and my school were on this road and so I walked it everyday.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

It was so gud to see all these views that I have been missing a lot....thanks for bringing those memories back Kingman....:)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.