CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 7, 2008

Things I Won't Take For Granted Anymore

. . . when I return to America. Even though I was coming over to Nepal to give service to others, the main reason was because I knew that I had turned soft in my prosperity and glut of blessings. It was about time I had a swift kick back in the pants to help me appreciate everything I had.

in order of priority (and this will probably get revised as I continue to think of things):

going to church (who knew? I actually thought I would enjoy the break, but that is just about the stupidest thought I have ever entertained.)

water from the tap I can drink

toilet paper in bathrooms (you don't have to carry your own in)

flushing toilets (not having to pour buckets of water down the hole)

soap at sinks (generally)

soft beds and soft pillows

not being the only white Western Christian wherever I go

washing machine mostly, but the dryer would be nice too

understanding what everyone is saying

not having to brush my teeth with bottled water

not getting my feet and legs dirty and muddy wherever I go

using an ATM card whenever I want

no mosquitoes

hot water (can you believe that it's this low on the list?)

fast internet and reliable technology

eating beef

not having to scrutinize a piece of food and/or where it comes from before eating it

no transportation strikes

soft couches

having a car

having a cell phone

Cafe Rio steak salads and burritos

Diet Mountain Dew and pebble ice

constant electricity

having a piano

air-conditioning

refrigerator

dishwasher

eating with utensils

1 comments:

Kristel said...

I love America! I love convenience! But I also love deprivation and the resulting appreciation.